Tuesday 25 December 2007

Do you see what I see in Penang?

I love Penang. Mostly because my beloved sister is there, partly because I spent my kiddie days visiting Penang with my family and spent even more teenage days studying there. It's got nostalgic value for me, though not as far back as Penang's history.


When I was a kid, I used to look at all the old mansion along Gurney Drive and Kelawei Road wondering what kind of life goes in there. As time past, I see less and less of these family owned mansions. The mansions-turned-shops and abandoned buildings are like burnt holes on a paper. An eyesore that burns my heart. Lucky me, my sister shared my love and we would travel by public transport or walk around Penang taking down whatever detail left of the old Penang. That's what you are looking at.

My only hope here is that when you do visit Penang, you would spare some time to look around you (besides those fabulous food).

No comments: